$149.00 inc. GST
- User Friendly Word template
- Peace of mind that your business is secure
- Written by Australian lawyers in plain English
- Sleep well because you’re covered
- Protect your business in minutes, not months
Protection for Australian businesses
You’ve Googled the free templates, right? They’re usually “one size fits all”. Our templates are specific to Australian business. And if the law changes, you’ll get a free update. Our templates don’t suck. They give you peace of mind.
Win clients with wow worthy contracts
Make an un-ignorable first impression. Stand out in the crowd. Win business with legal documents that show you mean business. We’ve got the legals covered. Add your branding pzazz and wow your clients. Grow your business – securely.
We make legal documents for real people
You’re running a business, not a law firm. You want the peace of mind of knowing your business is protected, without spending months, or your life savings doing it. Our lawyers know their stuff. We make affordable, rock-solid legal documents and don’t cut corners.
- Business with operations in the EU
- Business that provides goods and services to EU customers
- Business with a website that targets EU customers (e.g. allows payment in euros or has a European language version other than English)
- Business with a website that collects and monitors data on users or behaviours from countries within the EU.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU legislation that aims to give EU residents more control over their personal data. Under this regulation, organisations that handle EU residents’ data must comply with data and privacy rules.
Non-compliance can result in hefty fines of up to €20 million or four per cent of annual revenues, whichever is higher.
- Your business has a presence in the EU
- You provide goods and services to EU customers
- You collect and monitor data on users or behaviours from countries within the EU.
It’s important to stay on the right side of EU privacy rules and avoid steep penalties for non-compliance.
Am I legally required to have one?
What does our template include?
Our comprehensive template covers everything you need to comply:
- Collection of personal information
- Use of personal information
- Disclosure of personal information
- Rights and control of a person’s personal information
- Security and storage of personal information
- Website cookies and third party sites
- GDPR compliance terms
- Customer rights under the GDPR
- Hosting and international data transfers
- How to make a complaint about a privacy breach
- How you can unsubscribe or opt-out
- Changes to the policy
Yes, it does.
This information includes:
- who your Data Controller is and contact Information
- where personal data is not collected from the individual, the source and nature of that data
- Who your Data Protection Officer is and contact information
- Whether you use data to make automated decisions
- Informing users of the 8 rights they have under the GDPR
- Whether you transfer data internationally
- Legal basis for processing data
I run an online shop – is this the only legal document I need?
No, you also need Website Terms and Conditions of Sale. You are legally required to display terms and conditions on your website under Australian Consumer Law if you’re selling online. This includes extra terms for payment, delivery, refunds, warranty and consumer guarantees.
Our Ecommerce Legal Bundle is an affordable way to grab all the other documents you will need for your online shop in one go.
- GDPR Privacy Notice
- GDPR Privacy Statement
Once you have completed our template in Word, you can publish it on your website as a new page and link to it in the footer.
If you meet any of the conditions listed above, the main benefit is that you will be obeying EU law. Serious fines apply for breaches of the GDPR. Definitely want to avoid that!
Even if you aren’t required by law, there are still many benefits to having one anyway:
- It shows Google your website is more trustworthy and can improve your site’s search rankings
- It shows your website visitors that you will protect their personal information, giving you more credibility
- It makes your website appear more professional
Peace of mind
Peace of Mind
I bought the GDPR template on recommendation from a friend who introduced me to the site. It was so quick, easy and I think fair price. I knew what I had received was trustworthy and I implemented it quickly. Will be back if I need anything else.
All of our templates come in Word format (docx).
We recommend using Microsoft Word on a desktop to fill in the templates.
Our templates are Word documents so they’re editable.
We don’t recommend editing the template outside the highlighted areas. An experienced lawyer wrote your template. If you delete or modify clauses it could affect your protection.
We know you’re a smart cookie, but we highly recommend avoiding the temptation to fiddle.
Yes, you get lifetime access to your template.
You’ve got a contract ready to go whenever you need it in your business.
Change your font, add your logo and even some colour. Present your document in your brand style and delight your clients. You’ll still be legit. You’ll just look amazing-er.
All of our templates come with instructions on the first page.
We also include comments throughout the document to help guide you as you fill out each section.
Yes. All our templates are written by qualified Australian lawyers who hold an Australian legal practicing certificate.
Our co-founder Courtney Bowie is a partner in Sydney law firm, Her Lawyer.
Yes. You can use the templates in all Australian states and territories.
If a law changes, we’ll update your template and send it to you – for free.
No hidden catches here. When you buy a template or bundle you own them for life. The download links never expire.
No recurring fees. No accounts. Just buy what you need. Simple, right?
You may also like...
90-Day Money Back Guarantee
We’re so confident you’ll love our products, we offer a no-hassle refund within 90 days of purchase. If you’re not happy for any reason, we’ll work with you to make sure you're happy, even if that means a full refund.