What is a Coaching Agreement?
A Coaching Agreement is a legal contract for coaches to use when engaging clients.
It covers all of the important aspects of your relationship, including services, payment terms, confidentiality, termination and limitation of liability. It also covers Intellectual Property rights.
For every new client engagement, you can customise this template to suit your requirements.
Every coach-client relationship is different, but it helps to set the ground rules from the start.
Do I need a contract?
Yes, absolutely! A contract protects both you and your clients.
You should always have a contract signed before you start a new coaching job with a client.
You need a proper written contract to enforce your rights and make sure your business is legally protected in case there is ever a dispute.
Our Coaching Agreement template will help you state your terms in black and white. It can help to avoid misunderstandings, late payments and unhappy clients.
Are there any other names for this Coaching Agreement?
Yes, you might have also heard this contract referred to as a Coaching Contract, Terms and Conditions, Terms of Business or Client Agreement.
All of them are basically the same thing, just different names for the contract you use with your coaching clients.
What does this Coaching Agreement include?
Our template covers everything you need:
★ Client Responsibilities
★ Payment Terms
★ Cancellation and Refund Policy
★ Intellectual Property
★ Limitation of Liability
★ Dispute Resolution
How do I fit all of the details of my different services into the contract?
The best way to do this is to have TWO documents which you provide to clients:
1. Proposal – all of the details about the services you will provide and the scope of your engagement
2. Coaching Agreement – all of the legal considerations and your official agreement
This gives you more flexibility and it means that you can customise each proposal without having to condense the detailed information into a standard contract.
Who is this for?
★ Business coaches
★ Life coaches
★ Financial coaches
★ Executive coaches
★ Leadership coaches
★ Other types of coaches
★ People who want proper legal protection
★ People who want to appear professional to their clients
★ People who want to avoid misunderstandings and disputes
Why You Need This
Clearly set out your terms for clients
You will appear more professional and avoid misunderstandings if you have a professional legal contract.
You can also refer back to the contract if there are any disputes with clients about payment, refunds, cancellation etc.
Our Coaching Agreement template will help you to avoid risk and limit your liability if something does go wrong.
Protect your business and assets
As the old saying goes, plan for the best and prepare for the worst.
You never know what will happen in the future, but it is vital that you have a contract in place to protect everything you have worked hard for.
How does it work?
Our process is designed to be as easy as possible – you could be up and running in as little as 5-10 minutes.
1. Select the Coaching Agreement template in the Shop and click Add To Cart.
2. Proceed to Checkout and complete your purchase.
3. You will receive an email with a download link immediately after you have completed your purchase.
4. Open the document in MS Word and complete the highlighted fields with your personal information (name, ABN etc). Your document will be ready to go in minutes!
Can’t I just copy this contract from another website?
Don’t do this.
1. This is copyright infringement and is against the law.
2. You might accidentally copy terms and conditions from another country – if you end up in court for some reason it might be on the other side of the world!
3. It won’t be customised to YOUR business. Not a good look for your customers if your info about your services is wrong…
Can I customise the templates beyond editing the fields?
Our templates come in Word format, so yes you can if you want. Feel free to add your logo and change the font to reflect your brand.
We do not recommend you change the wording (apart from the fillable fields or Schedule) as this can affect the legal protections contained in the document.
What if the law changes and my templates become outdated?
If the law changes, we’ll email you with the changes and updates to add to your existing templates. So please ensure you keep us updated if your email address changes.