It also includes a Website Disclaimer to limit your liability for any loss incurred by someone relying on your website’s information.
Who can use this template?
- Any Australian website
- Any industry
- Suitable for all Australian states and territories
Note: if you run an ecommerce website, check out our Ecommerce Legal Bundle instead.
There are three key reasons why you need this legal notice:
1. Limit your liability – you need to protect your business against claims or damages if a website visitor ever decides to take you to court.
2. Protect your Intellectual Property – stop people from copying your content!
3. Keep control of YOUR website – make sure you can moderate what happens on your website, how people interact with it and what is allowed.
- Use of our website – rules for using the website, including things that are not permitted
- Intellectual property – protect your intellectual property rights
- Submissions – user comments or contributions
- Links – covers links to and from your website
- Security – measures you take to protect your website security
- Disclaimer and indemnity– important legal clause to protect you against claims for losses and damages
- Severance – an important legal term
- Termination – how you can cancel the agreement
- Jurisdiction – governing laws for your agreement
- Website Terms and Conditions
- Website T&Cs
- Website Legal Terms
I run an online shop – is this the only legal document I need?
No, you also need Website Terms and Conditions of Sale. You are legally required to display terms and conditions on your website under Australian Consumer Law if you’re selling online. This includes extra terms for payment, delivery, refunds, warranty and consumer guarantees.
Our eCommerce Legal Bundle is an affordable way to grab all the documents you will need for your online shop in one go.
Website Terms and Conditions of Sale are specifically for customers who place an order through your website to purchase goods or services. They cover terms for payment, delivery, refunds, warranty etc.
All of our templates are written by qualified Australian lawyers who hold an Australian legal practicing certificate.
We are affiliated with a commercial law firm based in Sydney.