What is a WHS Policy?
A WHS Policy (Workplace Health and Safety Policy) is the document that outlines your commitment to ensuring the health and safety of your employees and others in your workplace.
The goal of this policy is to achieve a safe and incident free workplace. Having a good workplace health and safety policy in your business helps to ensure risks are identified and managed appropriately.
Do I need a WHS Policy?
Yes! Business owners have an obligation to provide a safe workplace for their workers and other people that interact with their business. Part of this duty is to identify and eliminate or reduce risks.
By having a workplace health and safety policy, it shows people the steps you’ve taken to achieve this. It also sets out clear guidelines as to how your staff and others need to contribute to a safe workplace.
What does the template cover?
Our WHS Policy template covers:
★ Manual handling
★ Slips, trips and falls
★ Electrical safety
★ Ergonomic issues
★ Injury procedure
★ Work-related travel
★ Working from home
How do I use a WHS Policy?
We recommend that you complete the following:
- Complete our template for your business, including all of the rules you want to set
- Conduct a regular audit of workplace health and safety in your business
- Provide the policy to all employees and require them to sign off on it
- Complete regular training and send reminders to all staff about their obligations
- Check your insurance policy to make sure you have adequate coverage.